Belize Adventures

Thursday, November 23, 2006

a cold day

A cold day

This is going to be short, but I couldn’t resist the opportunity to share the most exciting news yet: it’s been cold the past few days! I’m not kidding. I have actually felt cold. This is tremendous. I really wished that I brought my camera to the center yesterday because the kids looked so darn cute all bundled up with coats and winter hats and everything. We normally have play time outside for a bit, but one of my coworkers decided that we couldn’t play outside today because IT WAS TOO COLD. We seriously had a ‘cold day’ and since we will never ever ever have anything close to a ‘snow day’, I was pretty happy. I came home last night and changed into sweats and a sweater and was so happy. My roommate had sweats, a shirt, a long sleeve, and a fleece on. And just like everyone ALWAYS talks about how hot it is, everyone is now constantly talking about how cold it is. Last night at dinner we were discussing this and talking about the temperature. This is my favorite part of the whole story. One of my roommates has a clock that also displays the temperature (don’t be thinking it’s warmer inside than out, as we live in a cement house with no insulation and doors and windows that are never fully closed). After all the bundling, the sweats and sweaters, and the ‘cold day’ for the kids, the temperature on Adam’s clock read: 73 degrees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home